We are aware that our move over to table service has caused a bit of confusion among some of our customers, so we want to clarify a few things to help you.
Here are our top FAQs:
- Do I need to book a table? We advise you to book a table if you are ordering from our main breakfast or lunch menu in order to avoid disappointment, especially during busy periods such as weekends.
- What if I just want a light snack or sandwich? Our Coffee Bar remains a casual, self-service area where booking is not required. Within this area you can purchase drinks, cakes, homemade sandwiches, toasties, pasta pots and other snacks.
- Do you make fresh sandwiches at the Coffee Bar? Yes, our chefs make fresh sandwiches to order daily and these can be ordered at the Coffee Bar.
- If I don’t book will I still get a table? We try our best to accommodate walk-ins and at times this is no problem, but we cannot guarantee that a table will be available as this depends on how busy we are.
- What if one person in my party wants a meal from the main menu but I only want a light snack from the Coffee Bar, can we still sit together? Yes, you can sit together. If someone in your group wants to order from the main menu then you will be seated in the Riverside Café and our Front of House staff will serve you all.
- Can I book a table for outside on the decking? Those dining in the Riverside Café can book a table for breakfast or lunch on our decking. There is a separate seating area outside for Coffee Bar customers which is first come first served and cannot be reserved.
- Are dogs allowed in the cafe? Dogs are not allowed inside but are allowed on all outside areas including the decking.
- How do I get here during the Southill Road closure? The Langford Road entrance to Jordans Mill remains accessible. Here’s our Step-by-step route from the A1: A1 Sainsbury’s roundabout > Hill Lane > Shortmead Street > Teal Road > Langford Road > Southill Road > Jordans Mill.