It is thought that Spring is the busiest time of year to be spent in the Garden, however there are lots of jobs to be cracking on with in the Autumn/Winter too!
This month we have spent time
- Clearing vegetable beds ready for digging and planting our Autumn crops.
- Cutting back, splitting & replanting perennials and replacing grasses.
- Potting herbaceous plants, Strawberry runners and herbs.
- Harvesting carrots, celeriac and summer cabbage.
- Planting Chicory, Ornamental cabbage, winter Onions and Shallots.
- Sowing autumn Broad Beans, Cereals, Green manures.
- Sowing wildflower plugs for planting next spring.
If you are interested in finding out more, why not come along to our next ''Ask our Head Gardener Pop in Session'' event on 5th November!