Following feedback, we are trialling allowing dogs in two designated areas on our site.
These areas are:
1) to the front of the building - benches and dog bowls provided.
2) secure fenced area to the rear of the meadow - benches and dog bowls provided.
What does this mean to you as a dog owner?
- Please keep your dog on a lead and under control at all times. If not, you will be asked to vacate the area.
- Take away snacks and drinks are available from the Coffee Bar.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark unnecessarily or become a nuisance to other visitors.
- Dogs are not allowed into the café, decking or garden areas.
- Under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 you must clean up and remove dog faeces.
NB: The Dangerous Dogs Act (DDA) 1991.
The second part of the DDA 1991, Section 3, affects all dogs regardless of breed or type. It makes it a criminal offence to allow a dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place. This includes any instance during which an injury of any sort occurs or there is a fear that an injury might occur. In addition, under Section 3(3) of the Act, the owner (or person in charge at the time) of a dog can be prosecuted if an incident occurs in a non- public place where the dog was not permitted to be.